The Torchlight Street Festival is a day of live music, creative workshops, street theatre, arts and craft stalls.
- This year sees the return of the Street festival. This will be taking place throughout Kendal Town Centre between 10am and 4pm and it will be bigger and better than ever as we celebrate “Kendal – old and new”
This years street party features three stages of live acts
- The Street Stage – outside of the library featuring a mixture of popular local bands
- The Dance Stage – at the Birdcage – featuring performances from local dance schools
- The College Stage – outside the Town Hall – a stage run by Kendal college Theatre and Event Tech students featuring a selection of live music from young musician to established performers.
There will be great mix of live street theatre featuring a range of never before seen new characters and performances as well as some your old favourites. They will be joined by wandering bands providing the soundtrack of the day.
This year there are more activities than ever before and best of all – its all Free to the public. Just some of the activities include:
- Balloon Modelling
- Live magic
- Crazy golf
- Bubble art workshops
- Circus workshops
- Face Painting
- Pop Up Photobooth provided by Kendal Community Theatre
- Loom weaving and seed bomb making
- Wormeries and soil based interactive activities
- And more.
THE HUNT IS ON
Orienteering Club Trail
We are delighted to have been asked to support the activities at Kendal Torchlight
Gathering 2023 on Saturday 23rd September.
Keep an eye out for more information.
Throughout the day there will be a host of bands playing live music designed to get you up dancing.
On the dance stage, join the talented dance groups of Kendal a they perform for you and even dance off in a group performance.
We will once again be working with Kendal College who are building a performance stage with a difference. They will design, build and manage the stage and its performers throughout the day and bring you a full programme of entertainment.