"For Kendal, by Kendal" - Torchlight needs Volunteers
Kendal Torchlight Carnival is, and always has been run by volunteers. Each year Torchlight needs a capable core team to take on the essential jobs that make Torchlight happen. The more people on the team, the easier the jobs become. Typically, most jobs can be achieved within a few hours per week, though it gets busier in September.
We also count on an army of amazing volunteers on Torchlight night itself to ensure Torchlight runs safely. We are looking for volunteers to fill a number of roles so if you can spare us a few hours please don't hesitate to contact us,
Torchlight Carnival Volunteers 2017
In previous years, we've managed to scrape together just enough marshals to make it happen. We must find 160 marshals for Kendal Torchlight to take place, or face a security bill which could be considerably beyond our financial capability. Ultimately, it's up to thhe people of Kendal to make Torchlight happen.
We are looking to fill th following roles:
- Torchlight Walking and Static Marshals
- Programme Sellers
- Field Runners
- Admin / Entrants Management
- First Aiders
Fundraising Partners and Volunteers
- People from any organisation or business who would like to get involved organising activity events, inter-company challenges, coffee mornings, races, Mums-n-Kids events, etc. and to promote their business or group at the same time; we need people who can put the fun in fundraising through any activity that engages Kendal and district residents or the business community and in the process raises a small amount of funds and promotes Torchlight.
What's in it for you?
- A challenge: Be a part of the team that creates a world-class event
- A commitment: Help ensure that Kendal Torchlight Carnival continues developing, representing and promoting Kendal, our community and culture and local businesses
- An opportunity to put something back into your community
- A chance to stand up and be counted as one who promotes and supports Kendal
- An opportunity to develop your skills, confidence and capabilities
- An opportunity to get to know people, make friends and network