CAN YOU LIGHT THE WAY FOR TORCHLIGHT?
Torchlight is seeking inspirational and visionary directors to guide and govern the company for the next three years.
Torchlight is going through an exciting period of change and new growth and is seeking directors who will be responsible for the governance, new strategy, and direction of the organisation.
Torchlight’s objectives are to promote Kendal and surrounding districts and to engage our residents, businesses, community groups and visitors in doing so by running events, especially Kendal Torchlight Carnival.
The challenge involves governance of Kendal Torchlight Procession Ltd, monitoring and evaluation of the company’s activities, practice and finances, supporting and guiding the Lead Team in the management of Kendal Torchlight Carnival and creatively guiding Torchlight forwards.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following competences;
- Commitment to the objectives of Kendal Torchlight Procession Ltd;
- Strong local business and community connections;
- An understanding of and commitment to the responsibilities of a company director and according to the law, with a sound working knowledge of corporate administration and governance;
- Acting always with integrity and in the best interest of the charity and ensuring the proper use of charity funds and assets;
- The ability to think strategically, creatively and for the long term;
- Honest and open minded communicator, able to persuade others and represent Torchlight externally as an ambassador and influencer for the organisation.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to boost their CV and profile as well as helping to promote Kendal, our people, businesses and community groups.
Kendal Torchlight Procession Ltd is a non-profit company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales No 4583995.
These voluntary director positions are unremunerated, although reasonable, agreed out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
The minimum time commitment is 4 quarterly face-to-face meetings (approximately 2-3 hours each) plus phone and email support.
To register your interest please call or email Simon McElroy on 07721 906030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.